So over the past two weeks I have been working on a new project: Brain Drain.
If you have known me for a while you're probably aware that I'm a frequent sufferer of headaches. I have even blogged about it here before. Having gone through another pretty bad week I decided I needed something which helps me get a better picture of my headaches. Whenever a headache strikes I want to be able to easily log its occurence and its strength.
I went in the direction of a very basic smartphone app. My phone is rarely very far away, and starting it up, opening the app and taking a measurement is a pretty fast and painless process. So it seemed like a natural solution.
I now have a basic app running, and in its current incarnation it looks like this:
Yeah, not very pretty, and full of debug info. But in bit of a return to the roots of this blog I wanted to actually write about this project as I'm developing it. Which means you'll get to see the nitty gritty details.
At this point the app is usable, I can collect the data on my computer, and I can visualize that data for inspection (I'll show more of that in future posts). There are a few more features on my wanted list, such as adding tags when logging headaches.
I have shared the code on Sourceforge for those who want to take a look. And in any case you'll be able to read more about my progress here soon.