July 23, 2009

Rhonda

I found the following through the Procrastineering blog:

What you see here is Rhonda, a 3D modeling tool which makes use of freehand drawing for defining geometry. And I want it! I'm good at drawing, but can't get my head around 3D modeling. Well, I have done some architectural models, but I fail epicly with anything organic. Something like Rhonda seems like a way of getting around this problem by leveraging something which I do know how to do.

What the video doesn't show though, is whether you can go from these wireframe impressions to real solid geometry...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like fun. I'm not too sure though if it's actually easier to make a complete (organic) 3D model :-)

KrisDS said...

It just seems like it's easier to visualise. I could never figure out how to get my meshes the way I want them. But if I can simply draw them from different angles, then that might be a better fit for me.

Anyway, you may be right. I would just really like to try it out. :-)